CAR STALLS AND FREE REVS AFTER DRIVING IT FOR A HALF HOUR

1984 Cadillac Seville

jwgroff05

August, 8, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

I am driving my 84 seville with the 4100 motor in it and Im not sure of the transmission but its the one where the engine sits like a rear wheel drive engine but the transmission has cv axles so its front wheel drive. Anyways I was driving my car for short bursts of time and no problems. Now if I drive my car for more than a half hour when I come to a stop itll sputter real bad and act like it wants to stall and the rpms will rev high and it basically free revs. It threw no engines codes or lights and I checked vacuums lines and didnt find any problems. I was wondering if maybe the TCC solenoid is junk in it or the sensro on the torque converter is junk. Or if there is something else that might cause this. Let me know what you think.

August, 8, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

Sounds internal in the trans. Have it checked at a trans shop.

jwgroff05

August, 8, 2012 AT 6:50 PM

Im thinking all it is is the tcc solenoid or the sensor is at fault im gonna un; lug it and see if it acts up. What else do you think it could be

August, 8, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

Does not sounds like a converter issue at all. Still thnik it is internal.

jwgroff05

August, 15, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

Well what would it be valve body. Something overheating. If it was gear cluster or anything associated with them it would either cause shifting problems orit wouldnt work at all.

August, 15, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

Did you check the fluid level and condition?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars