DOES NOT START SOMETIMES

1984 BMW 733i

Clubbott@suddenlink.net

February, 21, 2013 AT 10:15 PM

Does not start sometimes. Sometimes start right away. Tach does not move when it does not start. Horn blows when turned off. Sometimes horn goes off in the middle of night until I disconnect power. Car has a trip, security, and other items computer with ability to set to not start and the horn will blow if electrical is messed with. Sometimes instruments work, and sometimes they do not work. I think it has to do with this computer or a connection

cadieman

February, 21, 2013 AT 11:13 PM

Is the horn beeping or just blowing?

Clubbott@suddenlink.net

February, 22, 2013 AT 4:43 PM

It beeps when you turn the key off. It has started to blow twice for no reason when it is turned off. I have to disconnect the battery to make it stop. Later when I reconnect the power it will still blow until I turn the key on. The horn beeped when I was driving it one time. Starting is problem and sometimes it start right up.

Clubbott@suddenlink.net

February, 28, 2013 AT 7:11 PM

Waiting for some answer

Clubbott@suddenlink.net

February, 28, 2013 AT 7:13 PM

No answer, no money

cadieman

March, 2, 2013 AT 3:58 PM

Sorry I have been sick. I don't do this for the money. I just like helping people. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to. You will need to remove the horn pad. It sounds like the contact in the horn pad went bad. Simply remove it and see if your problem goes away. If it's still blowing then the problem is in the steering column. If it goes away then you will need to replace the horn contact in the pad. Try this and let me know what happens.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test