Mercedes Benz 300d

NATASHA
  • 1983 MERCEDES BENZ 300D

I have a 1983 Mercedes Benz 300d. I was driving on the highway and took an off ramp so I slowed down, when I tried to speed back up it wouldn't do anything. I had my foot to the floor and it wouldnt speed up at all. I had to coast to the parking lot. After that it wont start again. It tries but it wont. Its been making a sound of metal hiting metal for a couple weeks but now theres another sound that everytime it tries to start it sounds like something metal is swinging around hitting the cover. I was told it might have to do with the timing chain. What is wrong with it?

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 9:48 PM

MHPAUTOS

Does the engine still crank over or does it stop with this noise? Does you have oil in the engine?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, February 6th, 2011 AT 1:33 PM
DR LOOT

Sounds to me like you threw a rod, remove the valve cover and you will be a to see the timing chain if it is still in one piece, report after you have done that

Sunday, December 11th, 2011 AT 1:54 AM