MY CRANKS BUT WONT START. ITS GETTING FUEL AND WEAK SPARK

1983 Mazda RX7

willie bailey

November, 22, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

The car sat for five years. The fuel pump is ok. The carburetor is getting fuel. I swapped the coil, plugs, distributor cap, and rotor with good ones from my 85. There is spark, weak to the plugs

Jacobandnickolas

November, 22, 2011 AT 5:23 PM

Check crank sensor.

cadieman

November, 22, 2011 AT 5:42 PM

Pour gas in the intake. Does it start?

willie bailey

November, 22, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

The plugs are wet, it's getting gas. The spark is present at the plugs, just weak. I can not find a crank sensor in my Mazda book or on lie. Where is it located?

cadieman

November, 22, 2011 AT 10:04 PM

Im done have fun

Jacobandnickolas

November, 22, 2011 AT 10:19 PM

See attached

willie bailey

November, 23, 2011 AT 1:47 PM

My car is a 1983. It does not have a crank sensor, it has a distributor. The wiring diagram is not for a 1983.

cadieman

November, 23, 2011 AT 8:21 PM

Did you do what I asked?

willie bailey

November, 30, 2011 AT 2:59 PM

I poured gas in the carburetor, did not crank, all four plugs are wet. I checked for fire from both coils. The leading coil is producing a stron spark, the trailing one nothing. The car turns over fine, does not attempt to light off. Will it attempt to light off with only one coil? I was going to swap the igniters, attached to the distributor, with the ones on my 85, the 85 has aftermarket igniters. Help?

cadieman

November, 30, 2011 AT 5:27 PM

Pull a fuel sample and see if its good gas. No smell or 2 different fluids in the jar. If ok then replace the fauly bad coil.

willie bailey

December, 1, 2011 AT 4:37 AM

The fuel is new. I swapped the coils, didn't fix the problem. I swapped the ignition igniter, they are mounted on the distributor housing with two smal screws. The no fire condition went from the leading coil to the trailing one. A new igniter cost more than $200.00 dollars. Do you think this is the problem. Once again I have changed the coils, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and all four plugs are wet with fuel. What do you think?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test