I HAD A MAN PUT IN A PUSH BOTTON STARTER THAT ...

1983 Jeep CJ7

jacobsolano67@gmail.com

December, 17, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

I had a man put in a push botton starter that worked for a while then I would tush and nothing would happen. How can I diagnose this problem?

Starter

Starter

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

December, 17, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

I'M GONNA SEND YOU A DIAGRAM (IT'S AN EXERT FROM A 1979 FULL DIAGRAM---MUCH OF IT IS THE SAME)

IT WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS UNDER THE HOOD

PAY ATTENTION TO THE LIGHT BLUE WIRE ON THE RIGHTYOUR PUSH BUTTON SHOULD SUPPLY IT WITH POWER FROM A MOMENTARY SWITCH

THE UNKNOWN THING HERE ISHE MAY HAVE JUST "BYPASSED" THE BLUE WIRE COMPLETELY RAN A NEW WIRE TO THE SOLENOIDWORKS.I JUST DON'T WHAT HE DID EXACTLY?

HOW DO YOU TURN IT TO "ON" .(I KNOW "START" IS THE PUSH BUTTON)

REGARDLESSHOWEVER OR WHEREVER IT WAS TIED IN"S" TERMINAL ON THE SOLENOID MUST GET 12 VOLTS SUPPLIED TEMPORARILY FROM A MOMENTARY CONTACT SWITCHTHIS 12 VOLTS FEEDING THE MOMENTARY SWITCH MAY COME FROM ANYWHERE

HE MAY BE COMING OFF OF THE BATTERY---COULDA TIED INTO THE EXISTING SYSTEMYOU CAN EVEN CRANK IT OVER WITH A PIECE OF WIRE TEMPORARILY TOUCHED TO THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE BATTERY AND THEN TO THE "S TERMINAL" OF THE SOLENOID

I HAVE DEMONSTRATED THIS IN 2ND PIC WITH MY REMOTE STARTER BUTTONPOS BATTERY CABLE TO "S" (KEEP IN MIND I HAVE THE BATTERY CABLE AND ACCESSORIES ON THE OPPOSITE POST FROM THE STARTER CABLE) THIS IS OPPOSITE FROM THE FACTORY WAY

----I LIKE "S" AND POSITIVE SIDE BY SIDE, SO I CAN USE A SCREWDRIVER TO DO THE SAME OPERATION AS THE REMOTE STARTER

SEND PICS OF YOUR JEEP AND ENGINE W/ BREATHER REMOVED----AND OF ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED HELP WITH, TO THIS POST

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement