1983 GMC S15 ECM

HENRY PARENT
  • 1983 GMC S15
Can't get spark from coil to distributor
Sunday, August 30th, 2015 AT 3:33 PM

MAYBE IT COULD BE ONE OF THESE?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Suggest&langId=-1&searchTerm=ignition+module%2Fcontrol&vehicleIdSearch=5307&searchedFrom=header

SOME PARTS STORES CAN TEST THEM/ CALL AROUND BEFORE YOU DRIVE EVERYWHERE!

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS

Sunday, August 30th, 2015 AT 7:04 PM
HENRY PARENT
Thanks do you know where the ECM is located at on a 1983 GMC S-15 pick up truck. It's a V-6 2.8L. I already checked under both seats and passenger side fire wall

Thanks for your time
Sunday, August 30th, 2015 AT 7:18 PM
YOU'LL NEVER FIND IT LIKE THAT!

CHECK OUT MY PIC BELOW

DANG I'M GOOD!

EVEN IF I AM A JEEP KINDA GUY!

THIS SHOULD BE EZ ENOUGH TO GET TO, "YOU TUBE" MIGHT OFFER A TRICK OR TWO FOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION WITHOUT REMOVING/ DISTURBING THE DISTRIBUTOR OR TIMING

I NORMALLY HANG WITH JEEP CJs AND OLDER FORDS, SO I'M NOT YOUR "HANDS ON" FELLER FOR THIS TASK, BUT I'D FIGGER IT OUT FAST! I ALSO AIM TO HELP ALL I CAN!

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS!

-1
Sunday, August 30th, 2015 AT 7:40 PM
HENRY PARENT
I was told that ECM means engine control module its suppose to the brain. If looks like a hard drive out of a computer tower. I was told that it tells the coil when to send power to the distributor. See I get power to the coil but the coil won't send power to the distributor. I already changed the pick up module in the distributor and its a brand new ignition coil
Sunday, August 30th, 2015 AT 9:02 PM
GREAT!

YOU CHANGED THE PICK UP COIL

SO YOU DID NOT CHANGE THE IGNITION MODULE?

THIS IS THE PUPPY THAT LET THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY STOP USING "POINTS" IN THE DISTRIBUTOR.

THE PIC/ DRAWING I SENT ABOVE SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE A 7 PIN MODULE,

LOOK AT THE DRAWING AGAIN!

YOU'LL VERIFY THAT WHEN YOU SNATCH IT OUT TO HAVE IT TESTED/ OR REPLACED

HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN REAL LIFE!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-bwd-ignition-control-module-cbe23p/5240565-P?searchTerm=ignition+module%2Fcontrol

UPON INSTALLATION, YOU PROBABLY HAVE TO SMEAR HEAT SYNC GREASE ON THE BOTTOM TO DISSIPATE HEAT GENERATED FROM THE MODULE TO THE DISTRIBUTOR BODY (OR IT WILL OVERHEAT)

PIC 1) AT ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, THIS IS THE TEST MACHINE FOR MODULES, HAS MANY PIGTAILS FOR TESTING DIFFERENT MODULES.

HAVE IT TESTED AT LEAST 5 TIMES IN A ROW , ON JEEPS, IF IT FAILS ANY ONE TIME, I REPLACE IT. YEP, I TEST THE NEW ONE TOO, BEFORE I LEAVE (NOTHING LIKE TEARING A JEEP APART FOR TWO DAYS, ONLY TO FIND OUT THE NEW MODULE WAS BAD!)

THIS "COULD MAYBE" AID YOU TOO, READ AND UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY. LAST WEEK "A124" WAS STILL! WORKING!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

ARE WE BACK ON TRACK?

Monday, August 31st, 2015 AT 6:44 PM
PIC 1) GOT LOST, HERE IT IS

Monday, August 31st, 2015 AT 6:47 PM