I OWN MANY FERRARIS AND GET A BAG OF MIXED ...

1983 Ferrari Mondail

gregone2012

December, 1, 2012 AT 4:18 PM

I own many ferraris and get a bag of mixed answears on the belt service some say 5 years driven or not, some say no problem 7 years ok, some say 3-5 years?Some say thers no way to tell when the belt snaps and you loose a motor any given time it chooses, all true? No waY TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM DISASTERS? Please advise its only driven weekends, and its geting the major service soon but iam concered there after!Greg reno nv.

hmac300

December, 1, 2012 AT 4:24 PM

Livingin a dry climate like yours I would go no longer than 5 years driven or not. Or always have one with you incase it does break then replace it roadside if you have too. Whatever the cost of the blet is much cheaper than an engine. Especially a ferrari as they are not cheap.

gregone2012

December, 1, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

Thank you iam concerned with the gear belt inside the motor with the two bearings, called a timingbelt/bearing service same deal or? What its $, 6000 job with the valve adjustment some shops cost way more, whats the max lifespan on those ribbed rubber belts iam scared, please respond greg berlin sincerly reno nv.

hmac300

December, 1, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

In a normal car replacement is called fortiming belts is 60,000 miles along with tensioner, but in your car i'd go 5 yrs then have the guy check it to see how the rubber is doing wheteher it looks deteriated or not. He would be able to tell. I understand your concern. You might ask if this is a n interference motor or not, because if it isn't the valves won't hit the pistons so if the belt broke you would still be ok, just have to go through the belt replacement. If it's an interference motor then you wold be in trouble.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra