NON STARTER

1982 Porsche 924

tezza

June, 2, 2011 AT 10:38 AM

I have a porsche 924 when I got it the head gasket had gone, I replaced the head gasket and fired it up, it ran a bit sluggish at first until I checked the timing I then restarted it and it ran really sweet, the following day I went to start it and all it does is turn over there is fuel going through and a good spark but it wont attempt to fire up if I keep trying to start it I get a lot of fuel running through the exhaust and it does not seem right for this to happen please help me as I would love to get this car on the road as it has been standing since 2006 thanks

merlin2021

June, 2, 2011 AT 11:51 AM

Sounds like timing is off again recheck

tezza

June, 2, 2011 AT 1:30 PM

Hi merlin I have checked the timing and it is 100%, but it still does not want to start have you any other suggestions that could help?

merlin2021

June, 2, 2011 AT 2:17 PM

Change plugs and oil with nre filter all cylenders are washed in gas so your compression is low. Possible hydo locking of the engine remove plugs and drain oil. Refill with fresh oil and crank engine a few times. Install new plugs.

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011