DASH LIGHTS UP BUT NO TURN OVER

• deedrez
  • 1982 Lincoln Mark VI

I have a 1982 lincoln continental mark vi. Gas is getting to the engine. I have a good battery, starter, solenoids.I turn the key over the dash lights up but no turn over. What is causing this?
2 door 302 5.0 liter engine

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

• fixitmr

Dont start? Starter dont work? Try it in neutral? Check fuses?

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 AT 10:33 PM
  • deedrez

Could it possibly be anything dealing with ignition switch

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 AT 10:49 PM
  • fixitmr

That old and never been changed I would say yes.

Monday, March 12th, 2012 AT 2:42 AM
  • MMcC

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I have a 1982 Continental Mark VI with the 302 V8. It was running good except that it would stall coming to a stop. If I put the defroster on, it wouldn't be as bad, but once the defroster was turned off, it would stall again. My mechanic told me it was the 2 electrical plugs or sockets that are attached to a metal plate that is connected to the TOP OF THE LEFT VALVE COVER. I also read that it could be the Duraspark located on the left fenderwell.

Here is the big problem. I'm having difficulty finding replacements for these parts. This is a great car that unfortunately doesn't run because of a small part.

I attached an image to show you up close what the part looks like. It is connected by red and yellow wires that are connected to a larger wiring harness. If you know where these parts can be bought, please let me know. Likewise, if I find the parts, I'll let you know where to purchase them. I also looked up a conversion kit from Auto Parts Deal online, but I don't know if this is the correct way to go. Here's the website to review this information: http://www.autopartsdeal.com/Parts_List/ignition_conversion_kit/lincoln/continental/

Basically, I need an expert of 1982 Continental Mark VIs to help me through this problem. Any experts out there that can help us?

Mike

Saturday, March 17th, 2012 AT 4:24 PM