4AGE 20 VALVE ENGINE

• esan
  • 1981 Toyota Corolla
  • manual

Hi, im from TRinidad. Im doing a project, a 1982 toyota corolla ke70 and im putting in a toyota 20 valve engine but the distributor bounces on the fire wall. Tell me how can I fit my engine, eliminating the distributor and using coil packs

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 8:27 PM

• slobeachboy

If I were you I would just hammer out a slight depression into the firewall where the distributor is hitting. It would probably only need to be inch deep or so. Besides I think most aftermartket distributorless ignition systems are fairly expensive. Also they involve installing a mounting plate on the front of the engine to hold the crank angle sensors and removing the front pulley to add the crank angle sensor plate. By the way I have never heard of a 20 valve Toyota motor. If it s a 4 cylinder that would come out to 5 valves per cylinder and it would not work out at all on a 6 or 8 cylinder.

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 9:42 PM
  • esan

Thanks for the response. Its a 4AGE 20valve, 4trottle engine by Toyota. Google it.

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 9:51 PM
  • slobeachboy

Yes I already read up on that particular engine although I have not been able to find photos of the cylinder head yet. I m really curious to see how they situated the valve train. Having one of the intake valves not in line with the other two I cant imagine how they manage to actuate all 3 of them from just one of the overhead camshafts. Anyway quite an engineering feat.

Monday, May 2nd, 2011 AT 11:19 PM