AFTER REPLACING MY FUEL FILTER MY CAR WONT START.

1981 Subaru Wagon

ammie

February, 8, 2012 AT 1:42 AM

Hi, yesterday I replaced my 1981 Subaru GL wagon's fuel filter and today it wont start, everything moves it just wont start. I noticed that there wasn't fuel passing through the fuel filter so I added gas thinking it didn't have enough, but it still wouldn't start. I then thought the tubes were not tight enough and the suction wasn't working and got clamps that were tighter alas still no fuel is entering the filter. What else Can I do?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 8, 2012 AT 1:43 AM

You need to check the fuel pump to see if it is working. Also, make sure you have the filter on facing the right direction.

ammie

February, 8, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

How do I check the fuel pump?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 8, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

Is it electric or mechanical? I can't remember that far back. If it is mechanical, disconnect the fuel filter and place the supply line into a pan or something to catch fuel and have someone crank the engine to see if fuel is pumped.

ammie

February, 8, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

I don't know how to tell, but heres a picture. Im think I am looking at the pump the metal square on the right?

ammie

February, 8, 2012 AT 2:52 AM

It says 12v on it so Im guessing electric?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 8, 2012 AT 3:14 AM

Remove the fuel line and see if fuel comes out when the key is turned on.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe