WHY AM I SMELLING UNBURNED GASOLINE?

1981 Porsche 924

kylescaffidi

October, 13, 2012 AT 11:45 PM

Smell is worst when filling up, fuel injectors are running fine, gasoline sludge built up around the injector that is inside the gas tank and I believe it drips from this connection. I've tightened it, but I'm still getting a smell. Is there a common quick fix? Do I need to replace all the fuel related hoses just to be safe?

October, 13, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

Before doing anything, find out where the leak is at. Then you can determine what needs to be done. Do it asap to prevent a fire.

kylescaffidi

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:06 AM

I believe I've stopped the leak from the injector, but are there any vent hoses or fuel hoses that could be causing the smell?

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:08 AM

Sure, there are hoses at the tank and at the fuel rail.

How did you stop the leak at the injectors?

kylescaffidi

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

Well whoever changed the hoses last didn't tighten down the injector into the gas tank. I simply tightened it with a wrench Haha.

kylescaffidi

October, 14, 2012 AT 12:23 AM

This is a shot of the injector, I need to tighten it further, but I can't do that because of the hose is full of gasoline. Is the a drain plug somewhere that I can empty the tank?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe