OIL PRESSURE

1979 Porsche 924

n7snu

August, 5, 2011 AT 9:47 PM

Oil pressure goes to zero

Wiring Issue?

August, 5, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearing.

n7snu

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:08 PM

It already has a mechanical Gauge. The oil pressure slowly gosa way after I drive for 10 or 15 minutes. If I turn off the engin then restart it the oil pressuer come gack.

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:18 PM

Could be the gauge itself, oil pump and engine bearings get it checked by a professional

n7snu

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:25 PM

I have disconnected the oil gage at the engine and there is nothing coming out. Changed the oil pump, filter and changed the oil. This started after I changed the head gasket and the old one may have been letting some--not much--coolant in to the oil.

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:27 PM

Check what drives the oil pump and also did you prime the oil pump

n7snu

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:31 PM

The oil pump is working fine. It is external on the front of the engine and driven by the crankshaft.

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:44 PM

The oil pressure goes to zero and oil pump is working fine something don't jive here-could be a clogged oil galleries.

What readings did you get when you hook-up the gauge while engine is running? No reading best check the oil pump again

n7snu

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:47 PM

It starts at 100 PSI and slowly fades to about 5 psi then go to zero.

August, 5, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

Is the engine knocking-100psi sounds too much of a pressure points to oil pump and engine bearings for low pressure-Get it checked by a professional-I don't think I can help you further

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Coolant Drain and Refill
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic