I HAD A REBUILT 400 INSTALL IN MY CAR IT SOUND ...

1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Anonymous

March, 18, 2013 AT 12:18 AM

I had a rebuilt 400 install in my car it sound ok at first but the car had no power so a couple of mechanics told me it was a carbuator so I took it to a garage that deals with carbuators and they adjust the choke because the carb has a electric choke and the motoe has a manuel but anyway their now is a rattling sound in the back of the motor it almost sounds like a rod knock is their something else it could be the guy who install it said their was no compression in number 1 cyclinder and he lash the values any help would be apreciated thank you

blaze45

March, 19, 2013 AT 12:24 AM

If there is rod knock, (and you are sure that is what it is) there is something wrong. Pull the oil pan and take a look. Pull the crank if needed. You could also pull the head. If its not getting compression, I would start with the head. The only real way to tell whats up is to dis assemble a few things and take a look.

Hoping for the best.

Good luck

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord