WHAT PARTS DO I NEED FOR REAR AXEL

1979 Chevrolet Malibu

tamirt

November, 17, 2010 AT 9:54 AM

Hi

my car is 1979 CHEVROLET malibu 200 engine
now I want to make an overhaul to my rear AXEL as it makes noise when I enter my car in to drive and so on.
the problem is that I don't know how can I find all the parts that I need for this overhaul as I can't find any diagram that will show all the parts that are in this unit and all the parts number that I need to order
so I am asking for you help if you can send me a list of all the parts numbers that I need to replace if I what to replace all the parts that are in this AXEL except for the external metal that hold all the parts.

Yours

Tamir

New Axel Noise

Axle Noise

Service Writer

November, 17, 2010 AT 10:28 AM

I have a few old manuals that I'll thumb through but this is not something that is easily found for me.

I would contact the dealer parts dept. With the vin and ask for a diagram.

You might be best to buy the unit rebuilt if it is indeed an axle problem.

Have you checked the fluid level and inspected for any metal shaving?

tamirt

November, 17, 2010 AT 2:10 PM

I am already running with this with a special moulickot fluid to help for the noise.
The problem is that I live in Israel and here you can't get any help from the local UMI dealer as they will only help if this is a new car for my car they don't have any parts so I order all the parts from the US for the rockauto. Com site
this is way I need your help last time I have ask one of you want to you local dealer and ask him so that you can give me an answer as I am ready to donate more money to you if you can help me with this, also I have one more open question that I still didn't get any answer for so it will be nice if you can look in to that also

Docfixit

May, 24, 2011 AT 6:28 PM

Did you get problem resolved?

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Level Check