THIS QUESTIONED WAS ASKED BY ANOTHER PERSON IN ...

1978 Toyota Corolla

Anonymous

March, 24, 2013 AT 10:26 PM

This questioned was asked by another person in 2010 and I never saw an answer so I'll try again. I have a 1978 Toyota Corolla 2TC engine, 4 speed manuel transmission. The car has been running just fine and then a few week ago the charging light and the brake release light came on at the same time. The alternator and voltage regulator are relatively new but I had them tested anyhow, both are working properly. I checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they are all in order. I disconnected the parking brake switch and the light still stays on. One other problem is that it seems the automatic choke stopped operating properly and the engine will not come off of the choke position. I hope you can give a a clue as to what is going on.

Randico

March, 24, 2013 AT 11:17 PM

The automatic chocke gets its power from the positive side of the ignition coil, when you run the vehicle. If the alternator light comes on and the alternator and voltage regulator are fine turn the ignition switch a little before the start position see if it goes out from there, you maybe dealing with a failing switch

May, 5, 2013 AT 11:28 AM

Any update on this?

Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads