I HAVE AT WITH COOLANT THE IN THE OIL

1977 Fiat Spider

mycameron

October, 9, 2011 AT 12:50 AM

I have at 1977 fiat spider with coolant the in the oil its not a head gasket we just checked that could it be anything besides a cracked head or block? When we took off the exhaust manafold the coolant/oil leaked out of the second screw hole?

rivermikerat

October, 9, 2011 AT 12:52 AM

Screw hole leads to the water jacket. Your options are a cracked head or a cracked block. The third option, head gasket, you say you've ruled out.

mycameron

October, 9, 2011 AT 1:39 AM

Sorry it was milky oil that came from the second bolt hole not coolant/oil could that change your previous response?

rivermikerat

October, 9, 2011 AT 2:29 AM

Nope. Milky oil-oily coolant=basically the same thing-Oil and coolant mixing. In my experience, there's only 4 ways that happens: 1: Blown head gasket.
2: Cracked head.
3: Cracked block.
4: Purposeful sabotage=someone pouring water into your crankcase or oil into your radiator.
Use a cooling system pressure tester on a warm engine. Pressurize the system to about 13-15 PSI. Listen for any hissing or bubbling sounds coming from the block. Use a piece of hose or a long piece of metal to help pinpoint the source of the bubbling.

mycameron

October, 9, 2011 AT 6:55 PM

Is there anyway that a improperly installed water pump could create this problem im asking this because the guy I purchased it from installed one

rivermikerat

October, 9, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

I highly doubt it. Unless he really broke something bad while changing it.

mycameron

October, 9, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

Alright well I have already taken the head off and im bringing that to autovalue tomorrow to see if its cracked so its too late to do the pressure test and if it is the head or if is the block do you know where I could find either and for about what price I live in red lake falls MN 56750 if you can find anything close to me thanx

rivermikerat

October, 10, 2011 AT 2:13 AM

Look in your local Yellow Pages under Auto Parts-Used and Auto Junkyards or Wreckers. Call around and tell them what you need when you find someone that has older Fiat parts. You have a Spider 124 or 124 Spider.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze