76 VACUUM DIAGRAM

1976 Pontiac Lemans

ewhitaker0020

January, 28, 2012 AT 3:50 AM

I'm needing a vacuum line diagram for my 76 pontiac lemans. It has a 5.7 350 V8 with a 2 barrel carburetor. The guy I bought the car from said there were a lot of vacuum lines missing so he just plugged them with screws. The engine is running a little rough and when I give it the gas it almost dies before taking off.

Vaccum Lines

Carb

mhpautos

January, 28, 2012 AT 3:56 AM

Unfortunately the data base we have access to does not go back to these older cars, try a forum that specifically deals with this model, regardless this thread will remain open for others to make comment on if they feel that they can help you.

January, 28, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

That's way way too far back-you probably have to get a book for it-you might want to download it if available on this link.

http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals_alldata.htm

ewhitaker0020

January, 28, 2012 AT 4:13 AM

Okay thanks for your answers. I'm hoping somebody will know where a vacuum diagram is. I checked the repair guides on autozone. Com and they gave me some diagrams but they were for 4 barrel carburetors and for the wrong year.

January, 28, 2012 AT 5:04 AM

I HAVE LOOKED IN MITCHELL ONE---KINDA TOO FAR BACK TO GET A DIAGRAM THERE

SO I LOOKED THE WEB OVER FOR A GOOD WHILE

IF YOU ARE LIKE ME, AND REALLY LOVE YOUR VEHICLE

$$$ IS NOT EVEN FACTORED IN!

LUCKILY ON "MY PRIZED BABY"---"WILLY" 1946 WILLYS JEEP, THERE ARE 2 VACUUM LINES, ONE IS A "STEEL LINE" TO THE "TAKEAPARTABLE" PERMANENT PCV VALVE, THE OTHER IS A FUEL LINE I ADDED TO RUN THE VACUUM GAUGE ON MY DASH

(YOU COULD ALWAYS ABANDON YOURS, AND GET A REAL "HEAD TURNER", YOU WOULD SAVE $$$, BY NOT BUYING A DIAGRAM FOR IT!)

I HAVE TWO JEEPS.I HAVE TO FIGHT THE GALS OFF OF THEM, WHERE EVER I GO! THE WIFE REALLY DON'T LIKE IT.

I HAVE MANY MANUALS, I TOOK A WIRE DIAGRAM (2 PCS) OVER TO MICROSOFT PAINT. COLORED ALL OF THE WIRES (THEY WERE BLACK AND WHITE). EMAILED IT TO THE OFFICE STORE. GOT IT BLOWN UP, I PIECED IT INTO ONE DIAGRAM AND HAD IT LAMINATED

NOW, IT'S SO EZ TO TRACE STUFF OUTTHIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT TRY WITH YOUR STUFF

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. Or you want to know more about becoming a JEEP GUY!

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right