IGNITION CONVERSION KIT

1966 Pontiac Lemans

PaulKindl

April, 26, 2011 AT 3:07 PM

I have a 66 lemans with a 326 engine, I would like to install a ignition conversion kit in it. Is there one that you could recommend to do it? I was looking at the Mallory 501 conversion kit but is says that it is for a 2 point system and 12 volt where the car has a drop down to 9 volt because of the single point don't burn out. Can you tell me more? Thanks, Paul

dave's big backyard!

April, 27, 2011 AT 2:52 AM

Just run power off the 9 volt system before it breaks it down to 9 volts, you just need swiched 12 volt power from the key, there has got to be somthing you can use.

PaulKindl

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:51 PM

What would be the unit to change the system over to a 12 volt system? I'd like to eliminate the 9 volt system so there will be more of a spark at the spark plugs.

hmac300

June, 19, 2011 AT 6:36 PM

If you wan tto convert to electronic ignition, then get a unit like a pertronix or crane, they include instructions on how to install it CORRECTLY and not worry abou the 9 volt /12 volt areas.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Honda Element air filter replacement
Air Filter Replacement