IGNITION CONVERSION KIT

1966 Pontiac Lemans

PaulKindl

April, 26, 2011 AT 3:07 PM

I have a 66 lemans with a 326 engine, I would like to install a ignition conversion kit in it. Is there one that you could recommend to do it? I was looking at the Mallory 501 conversion kit but is says that it is for a 2 point system and 12 volt where the car has a drop down to 9 volt because of the single point don't burn out. Can you tell me more? Thanks, Paul

dave's big backyard!

April, 27, 2011 AT 2:52 AM

Just run power off the 9 volt system before it breaks it down to 9 volts, you just need swiched 12 volt power from the key, there has got to be somthing you can use.

PaulKindl

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:51 PM

What would be the unit to change the system over to a 12 volt system? I'd like to eliminate the 9 volt system so there will be more of a spark at the spark plugs.

hmac300

June, 19, 2011 AT 6:36 PM

If you wan tto convert to electronic ignition, then get a unit like a pertronix or crane, they include instructions on how to install it CORRECTLY and not worry abou the 9 volt /12 volt areas.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Prius