10 AMP AUTO CHOKE FUSE IS BURNING OUT REPETEDLY

• steamgear
  • 1976 Datsun 210

Brake and charge indicator lights on dash remain lit while car is running, choke not working properly. I have given visual inspection to electric wires and vacuum hoses and found no obvious damages. This problem occurred suddenly after a 10 mile drive with no prior symptoms evident.
Thank you for your time.

Friday, September 21st, 2012 AT 11:15 PM

• hmac300

We dont h ave any info on this old of a vehicle. Look for a wire rubbed through somplace going to choke.

Friday, September 21st, 2012 AT 11:35 PM
  • hmac300

Here I found something that covers 77-78 but yours shold be simlar. Aslo the yellow/gren wire leading form relay also powers low brake switch and parking brake switch so then may have something to do with you fuse blowing. Hope you can blow these up enough.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 5:40 PM
  • steamgear

Thank you, very helpful information. Where is the auto choke relay located, is it under the hood and where, or under the dashboard and where? My Haynes repair manual doesn't show a specific location in the schematic.

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 11:57 PM
  • hmac300

The place I got this out of isnot as good as aregular manual. I wold say underhood. It seems to be not to far from the diagnostic port wherever that is. Or close to the choke itself.

Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 AT 12:20 AM