10 AMP AUTO CHOKE FUSE IS BURNING OUT REPETEDLY

1976 Datsun 210

steamgear

September, 21, 2012 AT 11:15 PM

Brake and charge indicator lights on dash remain lit while car is running, choke not working properly. I have given visual inspection to electric wires and vacuum hoses and found no obvious damages. This problem occurred suddenly after a 10 mile drive with no prior symptoms evident.
Thank you for your time.

hmac300

September, 21, 2012 AT 11:35 PM

We dont h ave any info on this old of a vehicle. Look for a wire rubbed through somplace going to choke.

hmac300

September, 22, 2012 AT 5:40 PM

Here I found something that covers 77-78 but yours shold be simlar. Aslo the yellow/gren wire leading form relay also powers low brake switch and parking brake switch so then may have something to do with you fuse blowing. Hope you can blow these up enough.

steamgear

September, 25, 2012 AT 11:57 PM

Thank you, very helpful information. Where is the auto choke relay located, is it under the hood and where, or under the dashboard and where? My Haynes repair manual doesn't show a specific location in the schematic.

hmac300

September, 26, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

The place I got this out of isnot as good as aregular manual. I wold say underhood. It seems to be not to far from the diagnostic port wherever that is. Or close to the choke itself.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right