Car won't start

BAKERSUE
  • 1970 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE

When I try to start my car it is making a spinning sound but will not turn over.

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

Depends on Type of fuel and Ignition system-Basic stuffs below-might not be applicable-

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 AT 8:12 PM