CORVAIR PURCHASE

• ares856
  • 1969 Chevrolet Corvair

Im considering buying a 69 corvair Monza, and I understand they are fairly rare, I was concerned as to how difficult it would be to find parts and to repair?

Sunday, April 24th, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

• caradiodoc

What part of the country are you in? I'm in the middle of Wisconsin. We have the nation's second largest old car show and swap meet where you can find almost anything. Carlilse, PA is the other huge show with lots of friendly people. I've only been to their Mopar show, but again, anything you want will be there.

Two brothers live near me who are into Corvairs and they don't seem to have trouble finding parts. There was even a complete running car on an auction two years ago so the stuff is still around.

Sunday, April 24th, 2011 AT 9:56 PM
  • Wrenchtech

They were pretty rare. They needed a lot of parts too if I remember right. They weren't a very reliable or or popular car back then but that probably makes them worth more now.

Monday, April 25th, 2011 AT 12:02 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Clark corvair in conneticut. You can build a car from there stock of car parts.

Thursday, August 4th, 2011 AT 2:29 AM