HOW DO I REMOVE THE WINDOW MOTOR

1968 Cadillac Deville

Tony-T

December, 26, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

Working on a 68 Cadilac Deville Conv. On the rear pass window is down ( Not Operating. Power at the switch but can't get to the motor to test it. How do I remove the window motor to test or replace it?

December, 26, 2011 AT 8:42 PM

The panel has to be removed. You can jump the connector to see if the motor is bad. Most likely, it is the motor. I would have another ready to replace it.

Tony-T

December, 27, 2011 AT 3:34 PM

Thanks for your help Roy. I mainly want to know how to remove the window motor from the veh. Do I remove it with the track attached & is there enough room to remove it from the top? I was able to get the window up by jumping power at the plug & pulling the window up an inch at a time.

December, 27, 2011 AT 4:44 PM

Wont come out the top. The good news is that the old cars are bolted in and can be removed from the regulator in the car. Remove the inner panel. The window does have to be up and make sure you support it when you remove the motor.

cadieman

December, 27, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Plug the new motwindowesyoull need to remove the rear bench then remove the panel. Then check or in and ground the motor housing on the door push the the voltage at the motor from the switch. Try tapping the motor and try to get the window up. If no remove the motor from the window regulater and push the window all the way up than use wide masking tape to hold it in place. Knock the centers of the large revets out with a punch. Drill them out then. Then remove the regulater and motor in one piece. Replace the motor then reinsall it. Use bolts to replace the rivets with locking nuts.

cadieman

December, 27, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

To make sure its the motor. Plug the new motor and ground the motor housing. It should run both ways or it not the motor. Sorry the last message got send to soon

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement