ELECTIC WINDOW FAULT

1967 Rolls Royce Corniche

rrss1967

December, 30, 2010 AT 2:21 AM

Rolls royce electic window fault
Have a RR Silver Shadow 1967 and the drivers side motor is defective. Have gone on line and got a rebuilt motor, and now having trouble removing the old one. The inner lower bolt is very hard to get to, and was wondering if there was a trick to getting to it. The upper right bolt is visable and easy. I don't want to take off the door if there is a special tool or trick to getting at that bolt.

Thanks, RRSS

merlin2021

December, 30, 2010 AT 2:24 AM

Can you post a picture or two? This is fairly vintage and visual will help!

rrss1967

December, 30, 2010 AT 4:42 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply. In this picture the motor is open and you can see the armature and that is what I need to take out and replace. Not the armature but the motor itself. The bolt that I cant get too, is on the inside which I cant photograph. Or get too.

rrss1967

December, 31, 2010 AT 1:03 AM

Here is a picture of the motor I am trying to put into this door. The first picture shows the armature that is Inside the motor casing. There are 2 pins and 2 holes for the bolts in question in the second picture and the gear that raises and lowers the window.

merlin2021

December, 31, 2010 AT 9:15 PM

I know I can't see it, but fron these 2 pictures it looks like they screw in from the front thru the silver part.

rrss1967

January, 1, 2011 AT 12:42 AM

Yes thanks you that is what I figured too. The real problem I am having is Removing the old window motor. I can see the top right bolt as it is easily accessed. But, the opposite bottom left bolt is not visable and I can't even get a camera in there to show you. Is there a special tool to get to it, or a special way that I don't know?

merlin2021

January, 1, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

I would remove the bolts at the outside botton of the door this will allow you to pull the bar towards you and give the clearance to get your wrench in there. Point B on the picture.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta