GETTING VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING

• Lupton.family
  • 1966 FORD F-100

I have a 1966 F100 THREE SPEED 300 I6 I have vibration at 32 to 35 Mph Removed shaft turned 1/2 turn packed caps pulled string to check alignment also attached weight marked and reset seamed to be better at times

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 1:07 AM

• CJ MEDEVAC

PACKED CAPS?

U-JOINT CAPS?

GREASE GUN OR OTHER

ANY PLAY IN CAPS ON THE U-JOINTS?

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 1:38 AM
  • Lupton.family

Yes, took joints apart, cleaned and greased (re packed), put back together, no change in the problem. There is no play.

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 3:35 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

ENGINE OR TRANNY MOUNTS?

POSSIBLY TIRES OR WHEELS?---SWAP POSITIONS SEE IF THERE IS A CHANGE

LIFT EACH WHEEL, POINT SOMETHING CLOSE TO THE RIM--SPIN WHEEL--ANY WHEEL WOBBLE?

BARELY LIFT EACH WHEEL OFF OF GROUND, SPIN WHEEL OBSERVE FOR OUT OF ROUNDNESS, IF IT'S OUT OF ROUND, THE TIRE WILL SCUFF THE GROUND, AT SOME POINT, AS YOU ROTATE IT

PINION?----ANY WOBBLE IN THE PINION WHERE THE YOKE IS ATTACHED (WOBBLE GOING INTO THE DIFF)

IF THIS HAS BEEN PARKED A LONG WHILE, LOOK FOR DIRT DAUBERS NESTS, MUD, ETC THROWING THE WHEELS OUT OF BALANCE. THE MUD THING HAS HAPPENED TO MY JEEPS IN THE PAST.

KEEP US INFORMED

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 3:54 AM
  • Lupton.family

When I got the truck, it had a set of rims and tires on it. Since I have been working on the truck, I have replaced all four tires AND rims. Engine has also been replaced and has new engine and tranny mounts. Problem still exists. However I will have to check pinion today and will get back with you.

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 3:50 PM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

ROGER

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 7:21 PM