MY RANCHERO RUNS GOOD BUT WHEN YOU DRIVE IT AND ...

1965 Ford Ranchero

Anonymous

November, 8, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

My ranchero runs good but when you drive it and it warms up it starts fluttering going down the highway. The other day put on fuelpump went for a drive and died and started again just like you turned the key off and on I was thinking it was carberator problems but after it died and started again in think it might be eletrical any suggestions

November, 8, 2012 AT 4:12 AM

USUALLY A FUEL PROBLEM (THAT WILL START BACK UP IMMEDIATELY)

YOU WILL EXPERIENCE "SPIT AND SPUTTER" AS IT DIES OUT----USUALLY A CLOGGED FUEL FILTER OR A SOCK IN THE TANK STOPPED UP---SOMETIMES IF THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE TANK TO VENT, IT WILL S.UCK A VACUUM AND THE PUMP CAN'T PULL FUEL FROM IT

WE GOT THE OLE POSSIBLE SHORTING WIRE THING----I'VE EXPERIENCED THAT IN ONE OF MY JEEPS OF THE PAST----I LET IT RUN, AND SYSTEMATICALLY SHOOK WIRES IN SPECIFIC AREAS UNDER THE HOOD TO LOCATE THE SHORT WHEN I MADE IT DIE

THEN--WE GOT THE IGNITION SYSTEM........MAINLY COIL/POINTS/ TIMING/ AND MECHANICAL & VACUUM ADVANCE WORKING CORRECTLY.....................DO YOU KNOW HOW TO INSTALL/ TEST THE ABOVE STUFF?

.........NOT TRYING TO DOWN GRADE YOUR ABILITIES---ALL I KNOW IS WHAT IS IN FRONT OF ME.......I'M OVER HERE.....YOU'RE OVER THERE!

IS IT ORIGINAL?DOES IT HAVE TO BE?

I WANTED MORE RELIABILITY AND EVEN A BETTER RUNNING JEEP----ORIGINALITY WAS NOT THAT BIG OF A CONCERN WITH ME......AND IT CAN BE REVERSED IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES

SEE MY ANSWERS IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1966-ford-mustang-water-temp-gauge-changed-sender-2-times-voltage-wire-sender

DO YOU HAVE A DIGITAL VOLTMETER---DWELL/ TACH---PLAIN JANE TIMING LIGHT?

YOUR TURNDETAIL IS GREAT

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement