MY HEATER WILL NOT BLOW HEAT EVEN THROUGH THE ...

• ken cooper
  • 1965 Ford Mustang

My heater will not blow heat even through the blower works plus when the engine warms up water will flow back through the over fill hose until I turn the engine off. Can you please tell me what my problem or problems may be? Thanks in advance

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

• rasmataz

Replace the thermostat and then get asap so that we can continue to help-Possibilities here could be blocked heater core, heater control valve and airlock-Feel the heater hose are they both equally hot?

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 11:11 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Feel both heater core hoses to see if both are hot. If they are, the heater core is flowing. Make sure the engine is running at a normal operating temp.

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 AT 12:58 AM
  • ken cooper

About your reply to check if the engine is running at a normal operating temp; according to my dash gauge it is. So what other thing may be making the radiator flush water back through the rubber over flow tube when it is hot? Thanks

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 AT 3:18 AM
  • rasmataz

Pressure test the cooling system to include the radiator cap-

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 AT 9:07 AM