WAS DRIVING AND SUDDENLY OIL DUMMY LIGHT COMES ...

1964 Ford Fairlane

megajonboy27

November, 5, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

Was driving and suddenly oil "dummy" light comes on so I stop and turn car off its full of oil and when I started it oil light is off engine runs tip top so what does this mean?

caradiodoc

November, 6, 2012 AT 5:12 AM

Most commonly the sending unit is defective. Some potential clues include the light flickers rapidly, and the sending unit is leaking oil. They don't always leak when they fail but if it is it will have to be replaced anyway and that will likely solve both problems.

megajonboy27

November, 6, 2012 AT 10:01 PM

Are there any leaf springs that can be retro-fitted for my 64 fairlane ive got one thats broken and all the ones ive found online are pretty expensive

caradiodoc

November, 7, 2012 AT 8:48 AM

I would look for a suspension and alignment specialty shop. We have one in town that re-arcs springs, and they can build them with as many leaves as desired for any application. They go by length, width, and spring rate. Other than that, they don't care what car it's going on; cost is the same regardless.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota