MY CAR RUNS BAD

Pontiac

BigJaY_Man_261

May, 27, 2006 AT 1:37 PM

I think it a injector b/c I read a post on here about a partly clogged injector and i've had that prob. But now it just runs really hard its not like its going to stall well it hasn't but its got about 159,000 on it not I know I need a new car but I can't afford it right now but i'm just wondering if it sounds like a injector has quit. My buddy had a scanner i'll have him run it sometime soon. Will that tell me what cyc. It is if the injector and quit? The check engine light stay on till I start it right now then it goes off I don't remember if I always did that b/c the gauge light check is the all come on and go off like my check gauge light does but the check engine like stays on. Could that be a code? Well I hope someone can let me know if anything write me back here or e-mail me at my AOL or Yahoo not my MSN b/c I won't get it. Well I hope to hear something.

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

losone

May, 27, 2006 AT 2:09 PM

For us to be able to assist you, it is absolutely necessary for you to include the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

Do not use the word ASS or I will delete the post.

BigJaY_Man_261

May, 27, 2006 AT 2:13 PM

1992 Pontiac Sunbird SE 3.1L Muliti Port its got about 159,000 mi.

losone

May, 27, 2006 AT 7:55 PM

Please describe the exact running conditions. Let me tell you what I think is wrong. If a cyl misfires more than 35% of the time it wil set a check engine light and tell you what cyl.

How does it start? How does it idle? How does it seems to run and shift through the gears.

I am trying to sit in your drivers seat and calculate what problems you have. Let me know.

BigJaY_Man_261

May, 28, 2006 AT 3:16 PM

It seems to start fine. I just idles pretty low, it sounds like a lawn tractor. So to me I sounds like its not firing off all cyc. But I don't know. It shifts fine but it seems like it has no power. I get on it and it doesn't wanna get up and go like it used to. Getting on it doesn't really seem like its going to stall but I have in the past had it seem like it was going to stall b/c it was idle really low and I have had it stall but I haven't really drove it like this b/c I don't wanna ruin anything else. But does will the scanner on a 1992 Pontiac Sunbird tell me cyc it is? I didn't know if it was new enought my b/c my uncle wasn't sure but he just doesn transmissions. But I hope that will help some.