MISFIRE

Chevrolet

struxgl

December, 3, 2006 AT 9:05 PM

I SAW A POSTING ABOUT SOMEONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH MISFIRE ON #5 CYCLINDER ON A 1999 CHEV TAHOE. DO YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME OF HIS PROBLEM?
ALSO, HOW DO I TAKE A VACUM READING ON MY 1998 CHEV TAHOE WITH A 5.7 VORTEC ENGINE? WHERE DO I SCREW IN THE VACUM GAUGE?

Mis Fire -

hyknrd

December, 4, 2006 AT 5:12 PM

Not sure about the outcome of the other guy. A vacuum test is generally done with the engine warmed. You need a vacuum source(hose or pipe) from the intake manifold to hook to the vacuum gauge. All vacuum gauges I've used haven't threaded into anything, just hooked up by a vacuum hose. Plug whatever you disconnected.
At idle the gauge should be steady at about 15-20 inHg. Rev the engine and let off. The gauge reading should drop and then return to normal. If you have a misfiring plug the gauge reading will occasionally drop about 1-5 in. Hg.
Any other readings will let you know any other aspects about the conditon of the engine.
Hope that helps

aripekadebi

December, 15, 2011 AT 3:38 AM

I had my check engine codes checked today. P1281, P0108, P0320, P0351, P0300, P0301, P0303, P0420, P0306, P0307 are the codes that were displayed. I am wondering what your point of view is concerning the amount of codes and what to do to repair.

Thank You for your time.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 30, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

There are many that deal with misfires. It could be fuel problems, plugs, coil, internal engine issues.