CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1993 Volvo 850

1993 Volvo 850 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

Guys, I need your help on this. I have a 1993 volvo 850 series. The car died out on me it would crank but not kick over. I figured out the fuel pump was not working because when I hit the tank with a bat it would start up but then shut back of after 15 seconds. Anyway long story short I replaced the pump, put in new spark plugs and it still will not kick over. I did notice that fuel is shooting up to the front lines.

What other steps should I take from here?
Bcorrea

On my son's 92 840 Wagon, we had a similar problem -- cranking with no ignition. I found that if I tapped on the coil it would kick and start. I bought a new coil but when I replaced it I found that the contacts that the coil connects to in the housing were terribly corroded. I've tried cleaning them, but I think that housing needs to be replaced because it still happens, but less frequently.

Rjburati