FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEM

1984 Volkswagen Rabbit

1984 Volkswagen Rabbit 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 115000 miles

my fuel system cut out on me the other day, I replaced the fuel pump with a used pump from a 81 rabbit it works, then my fuel filter, then discovered the relay was bad so I fixed it, now it still isnt pumping out fuel to the engine any idea on what it may be?
Moltengijoe

Check the fuel pressure and also for an injection pulses from the injector/s.

Do you have spark? If so spray some carb. Cleaner into the throttle body -did it start and die-if so continue to troubleshoot the fuel system.

Ive got a spark the injectors are clean its just im not getting fuel even before the fuel filter

it cranks and turns spark and all just no fuel

Moltengijoe
Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn the key to run-if so check the fuel pressure-if not check for power at the fuel pump connector.

Yup I hear it start pumping when I turn the key, how should I check the fuel pressure?

Moltengijoe
Please! Do so and comeback with your readings.

Their is a fine mesh cup in the gas tank which is a prefilter. Remove the fuel tank sender and you will see it at the bottom of the tank. Their is a handle on the filter[like a pail]that you can reach with a coat hanger, pull and discard the filter.

Cognito