BRAKE SYSTEM ISSUES

1982 Volkswagen Rabbit

Brakes problem
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual? Miles

I have a 1982 VW Rabbit gasoline vehicle with a rebuilt rabbit diesel engine in it.I have front disk and rear drum brakes. I replaced the master cylinder, brake pads, wheel cylinders and wheel calipers. Everything appeared to be working, so I took it for a test drive. 10 miles later, the front disk brakes stuck to the rotors and started smoking. I took it to a brake shop an almost a month later, even after replacing the parts I put on with new ones, the brakes are not functioning properly, The front drivers side brake works and the rear passenger side brake works but not the other two. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?
Erin Rose

The problem you are describing sounds identical to a malfunctioning proportion valve, that equally applies pressure to all four wheels, it is located below the master cylinder it's where all the break lines run out of to the front and the rear.

Dr Loot