ENGINE WITH NO POWER

2005 Vauxhall Corsa

2005 Vauxhall Corsa

Hello, I have got a problem with a 1ltr Vauxhall Corsa, It has no power and will lose speed and stall on a hill. There is a warning light on the dashboard that points to the catalytic converter, but II have removed this to see if it is blocked and causing the fault, but still getting no power from the engine. I had the car serviced 6 mths ago, which consisted of a sparkplug, oil and fuel filter change, so I am assuming it is not one of these. I have removed the ECR and cleaned it with carb cleaner and the car seems to have slightly more power, but this could just be my imagination. My next move will be to replace the ECR, but this is not cheap and I am hoping someone can tell me if I am going in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Russ.
Russ1001

Hello, thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

I would start by having the car plugged into a diagnostic computer to retrieve the fault codes stored on the cars computer, the light being on, is telling you there are fault codes stored, which could cause damage to the catalytic convertor, not neccassarily that the cat is damaged, the fault could lie in any of the engine components/sensors which are monitored by the cars computer, we really need these fault codes to assist further or we could be replacing parts for no reason which can be expensive and not fix the fault ... the codes will actually pinpoint where the fault lies ! I would not start replacing parts untill i knew what the fault codes were telling me.

Retrieve the codes and repost for more assistance and repair information

Hope this helps .. let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1119.png

Dave H
Hello I have finally read the codes. Getting general misfiring code P0300, and P0303, which states cylinder 3 is misfiring. I have swapped the spark plugs around and cleared fault, when read again still getting P0303 fault, so I do not believe it is the spark plugs. Could this be a fault in the coil pack?

Thanks, Russ.

Russ1001
Yes it could be. Replace the coil pack. This is a common fault.

Dave H