TRANSFER CASE NO 4 LOW AND SERVICE 4X4 LIGHT ON

2007 Dodge Ram • 67,000 miles

2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 antomatic trans

the serv 4x4 ligth comes on any time the knob is moved

the motor was replaced 2 times

codes are c140d c1407 c1469 and c1405

i have not been able to find the flow chart or passible cause of these codes I know it will be a hard failure because as soon as the codes are cleared it was rescaned and the codes came back any info will be helpful
Texasdawg2003

Just to clarify which "motor" was replaced? Check all related fuses in the under hood fuse box and get back to me so I can help better and provide better information. Ty

Ty Anderson
The transfer case shift motor was replaced all the fuses are good the transfer case will shift into all gears with out the moter on it when the shift shaft is turned by hand there is a short somewhere that puts the service 4x4 light on and it has the 4 codes c140d c1407 c1469 c1405 is the order the codes come up I cant find a flow chart, the possible causes chart or much detail in the codes, or a elc diagram on the 4x4 system.

Texasdawg2003
Does your truck have the Nv-246 transfer case in it? You can find the circle model stamp plate on the back side of the transfer case.
Here is a list of possible causes for each fault code listed
Also, found a technical service bulletin for code C1405 (only)
so you may what to look at that (TSB reference number 21-011-07)
possible causes
shift motor control A circuit open (dark green wire)
shift motor control B circuit open (yellow wire)
shift motor/ mode sensor assembly
totally integrated power module (TIPM)
C1407 transfer case brake control circuit low (TIPM)
Possible causes
transfer case motor brake circuit open (yellow w/grey stripe wire)
transfer case motor brake circuit shorted to ground (yellow w/grey stripe wire)
transfer case motor assembly
totally integrated power module (TIPM)
C1469 Front axle disconnect return control circuit high (TIPM)
Possible causes
Front axle lock control circuit shorted to voltage
Front axle lock control circuit shorted to ground
front axle disconnect module
totally integrated power module (TIPM)
C1405 transfer case range position sensor circuit high (TIPM)
Possible causes
totally integrated power module (TIPM) fuses
5 volt supply circuit shorted to voltage (yellow with orange stripe wire)
Mode sensor A circuit shorted to voltage (white with dark green stripe wire)
Mode sensor A circuit open (same as above white w/dark green)
TIPM sensor return circuit open
Shift motor/mode sensor assembly
Totally integrated power module (TIPM)

Hope this sheds some light, talk to you soon, TY

Ty Anderson
Yes it is that transfer case

Is there a test procedure fore each code

Texasdawg2003
Have you found Test procedures

Texasdawg2003
The TSB Reference number 21-011-07 applies only to 4wd light duty ram truck that are equipped w/a NV-246 t case and were built on or between October 30,2006 and June 19,2007. Let me know it this applies to your truck you may need to contact a dodge dealer and supply them with you VIN to get a exact built date. This TSB only applies to the C1405 code only to determine if the inner bearing support plate is worn allowing t case shift actuator to over-travel and cause a fault determined by the vehicle's computer.

CODE c140d - t case motor control circuit open (TIPM)
Diag steps
1Key on engine running at idle switch t case switch to ea. Position. With scan tool is c140d code active? Y/N
2Key off engine off Remove the TIPM C4 harness connector and measure resistance between the (t101 Shift motor Control A circuit and the (t102) Shift motor control B circuit. Is the resistance between 40-100 ohms?
3 Disconnect the shift motor/mode sensor assembly harness connector. Measure resistance between the (t101) shift motor control A circuit and the (t102) shift motor control B circuit at the shift motor/mode sensor assembly component side. Is the resistance between 40-100 ohms?
4 Measure the resistance of the (t101) shift motor control A circuit between the shift motor/mode sensor assembly harness connector and the TPIM C4 harness connector. Is the resistance above 5.0 OHMS?
5 Measure the resistance of the (t102) shift motor control B circuit between the shift motor/mode sensor assembly harness connector. Is the resistance above 5.0 ohms?
6. Inspect all wiring and connector that pertain to this circuit. Were any problems found?
Here is some pic of wiring diagrams at contain the t102 and t101 circuit.

Ty Anderson
And the other 3 codes have a flow chart I want to make sure nothing Easley is wrong before I spend 700 dollars on a tipm

Texasdawg2003