ENGINE PROB

Toyota Tercel

Its a early 90's tercel, around 92 or 94, its a friends car. It often needs oil and needs a change of spark plugs every 3-4 months. The oil I think might be a leak from somewhere if its using that much but maybe someone has a better idea. And the spark plug problem I have no clue! Thank you!
Rjws

With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block

With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block[/quote: 710b333385]

But in this case wouldnt I then see smoke coming out the exhaust because I wont be burning all the oil during combustion? This would likely solve the spark plug problem. Oil in the combustion chamber.

Rjws
With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block[/quote: af9bb96c04]

But in this case wouldnt I then see smoke coming out the exhaust because I wont be burning all the oil during combustion? This would likely solve the spark plug problem. Oil in the combustion chamber.[/Quote: af9bb96c04]

The matter here is the sparkplug being coated with oil and it don't go there. No blue smoke than you have an actual leakage somewhere-and again oil on the plug will burn and will come out of the exhaust as blue smoke.