P0770- SHIFT SOLENOID E MALFUNCTION

2001 Toyota Corolla

2001 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 73500 miles

Hello Auto Experts.

My car shows P0770 code. I replaced tansmission fluid at 71500 miles. I had the code before oil replacement. My tech. Told me to change the oil and clear the code, use it for a while and if it comes back, we need to open the tranny, and change few items, which may cost from 500 to 1200, depends. I drove for almost 1500 miles. And at 73000 miles, the code came back again. So please advice me, the best solution to get rid of the engine light.I am not interested in spending 1000 bucks for the same.

also, I have to hit too much gas to get speed, when stop at a intersection or junction, which was not a problem before. The engine sounds too bad and noisy.

will engine and transmission flush and oil/filter change will help me to get rid off the code and get back the speedy and smooth ride.

Need ur suggestions/advice to get the speed back and get rid of the code forever.
Downtown789

This code is a lockup solenoid malfunction, also called the TCC.
After car has shifted into high, at a designated speed, the lockup solenoid will engage, reducing RPM and saving gas.
In your case it sounds like the lockup solenoid is not disengaging, causing the engine to stall, run rough.

It is sort of like starting in second gear (on manual trans) from a start.

You can try changing fluid again, but the final fix will be to replace solenoid.

Shop around for a better price, but a malfunctioning solenoid will not fix itself.

Mmprince4000