MY CAR CLIMB STEEP HILL SLOW

1995 Toyota Corolla

1995 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

hi ther guys me again my 1995 toyota corolla climb steep hills slow, I change my 1995 transmission to a yonger one to a 1997 transmission with low milage. When coming over the hills it feel like it is iin 2nd gear but when I put it in L (low 1st gear) it go thru the hill good so I was wondering if the kick down cable need to be ajusted if that dose play a part in the changing of the gears. I have a new coil new spark plug wires an spark plugs but the spark plug are ngk but I want to replace them with denso plug an I decarbinize the head so let me know if the cable play a part in comin over the hill an how to ajust it I mean wich direction to turn the nuts but in hill not so steep an on flat roads it drive an change great so please help me you always do thanks
Pringle

Hi pringle,

Thank you for the donation.

The throttle cable and trans throttle pressure cable adjustment are important for correct gear shifting position and timing.

You mentioned decarbonising the head so I would suggest checking the ignition timing as well.

ADJUSTMENTS
THROTTLE VALVE CABLE

1. Fully depress accelerator pedal and ensure throttle valve is fully open. If throttle valve is fully open, go to step 2). If throttle valve is not fully open, adjust throttle linkage or cable so throttle valve is fully open and then go to step 2).

2. Ensure accelerator pedal is fully depressed. Loosen adjusting nuts on throttle valve cable. Adjust outer cable so distance between end of rubber boot and stopper on throttle valve cable is 0-.04" (0- 1.0 mm). See Fig. 6 . Tighten adjusting nuts. Recheck distance once adjusting nuts are tightened.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_TranThrottleCable95Corolla_1.jpg

Hi there I did want to know about ajusting the kick down cable that come out from the transmissionan go to the throttle valve cause I wondering if that diagram you sent me is the acceleration pedal cable u sent me

Pringle
Hi pringle,

That is the kickdown cable adjustment. Toyota terms it as throttle valve cable.

Accelerator cable does not have the stopper and long rubber boot.

Hi there guys this is derick I am happy wit the way the car is climimg those steep hills now sence you told an show me cause that diagram was a very good leading idea the car dose cange great when u going thru the hills an even when I am on flat roads an press out suddenly it just take off thanks a lot guy happy new year when I get more money I will give another donation thanks

Pringle
Hi Derick,

You are welcomed.

Glad that you have solved the problem.

Have a nice day. : )