OXYGEN SENSOR REPLACEMENT COST

Toyota Camry

I have a '99 Camry with 135,000 miles that I just brought into the Toyota repair shop because the check engine light came on. They told me that it was the oxygen sensor that needed to be replaced. The cost quoted was $425 plus tax. Does that seem like it is the correct amount of money?
Kap

That`s dealer price.
Expensive!

Its really easy to replace!
Its like an spark plug!

You just need the correct wrench and some anti-seize!

Fisherman
Do you think that I could get a better price by going to a private mechanic?

The only reason I ended up at a dealer was because my airbag light was also on and my regular mechanic couldn't fix it. So instead of going to 2 places I was just going to let the dealer take care of the check engine light. But. It turns out nothing is wrong with my airbag after all.

Kap
You are right. Some times the regular mechanic can`t figure it out on a computer related issue.
But. This time you know for sure what its the problem (Oxigen Sensor)
and its up to you where to go.

Replace a Oxigen sensor its not that complex.

The big problem its to know for a fact which sensor its the problem. Also sometimes the vehicle has two O2 sensors before and after catalityc converter.
And get the correct replacement.

Let Us Know!

Fisherman
and its up to you where to go.

And get the correct replacement.

Let Us Know![/Quote: e416082682]

Also.
The price for a aftermarket O2 Sensor its about 120.00 dollars and original not much than 250.00 and I`m going high!

Figure 200 for replace it?

Way to expensive!

Fisherman