AIR-CONDITIONING

Toyota Camry

I have a '92 Camry station wagon. 4 cyclinder. 260,000 miles. I have the 134A system. Air-conditoner cools for about 30 minutes, then gradually turns warm. I will let the car sit for a few hours, start out again, and the whole thinsg starts over again. Cool to warm. My mechanic keeps adding stop leak, but we can't figure out the problem? Thanks
Malachy31759

Is it losing the 134a? I wouldnt add any more stop leak to the system. Sounds like you need to find a tech that is willing to locate the leak. If it is holding, could be the expansion valve

Jack42
Yes, we add a can of 134a stop leak every month, but we can't find the leak. Can we deduce that since the air-conditioning it works for at least a half hour that it's not the condensor or the compressor?

Malachy31759
Not necessarily. Have the tech check the evaporator core, it is located under the dash inside the car

Jack42