A/C BLOWS HOT AIR COMPRESSOR WILL NOT ENG

2008 Toyota Camry

Air Conditioning problem
2008 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 43500 miles

I have a 2008 Toyota Camry, with the A/C turned on it blows hot air. This car was was a salvage repair vehicle so it is not under warranty. The compressor will not turn on when the car is switched to A/C. I can manually apply voltage to the compressor and it will engage. The pressures on the sytem are off when the A/C is not on car off the low side pressure will read about 85 to 90 psi on the gauges this seems to be to high compared to other A/C sytems the high side pressure reads about the same 90 to 100 psi. When I jumper the compressor the low side pressure will drop to about 30psi and the high side will drop about 3 to 4 psi. I am not getting any freon trough the site glass on the gauges. A toyota master tech said that the compressor was the problem. I replaced the compressor and still have the same problem. I then replaced the expansion valve due to other A/C dianostic charts but that did not fix the problem either. The only other component that has been replaced was the condensor as part of the salvage repair. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/522760_2010camaro_1.jpg

Pressd01

The pressure with compressor not running is OK, it a normalized pressure. But if the high size is only 3-4 psi, the compressor is no good, or there is a blockage before the high side service port, it should read 150-200 psi.

Merlin2021
The high pressure drops 3 to 4 psi from the 125psi mark. The pressure never reaches the 150 psi on the gauges. The pressure drops when the compressor is jumpered on which the pressure should increase instead of decreasing when jumpered on. The compressor has been replaced with a new pressure switch, compressor and the expansion valve has been replaced also. I would agree there must be a blockage but am having a hard time finding it. I have pulled the lines and blew through them and they appear to be ok with sufficent airflow through them. The condensor was replaced when the car was repaired. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pressd01
So the high side is 125? If yes add more freon, high side 150-200 depending on how hot is is out, and low side 35-45.

Merlin2021