STEERING WHEEL SHAKES

1999 Toyota Camry

Steering problem
1999 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 123700 miles

Hi I have a 99 Camry CE and I am having issues with the steering wheel shaking. This isn't the entire time I drive it and will happen intermittenly and sometimes I can drive for over an hour before it does the shaking thing. It does it mainly at speeds over 40-45 but will still shake even when I slow down to like 35 or 30. This is what I have had recently done that I thought might make it stop. I had both front rotors replaced. My passenger side front tire rod was bent and had both the inner and outer tire rods replaced. I had my torque strut engine mount replaced. Have had my car aligned 2 times and it has gotten 4 new tires and had them balanced also numerous times. It was suggested to me to try and slip it into neutral when it is shaking and if the shaking stops it might be something in the drive train. Another site I saw it was suggested that it could be bent rims but I would think if it were the rims the shaking would happen all the time at speeds over 40-45. Anyways thanks in advance.
Stonerhythms

Hi there,

This may be a tyre problem, as the tyre warms up it may be deforming, check this out.

Mhpautos
Hi they did tell me one of my tires had a " hop" to it so don't know if that means it is deforming or not. The only thing is even if the shaking doesn't happen for a while, when it does start shaking it will do it for like 5-10 minutes and thrn stop so if it was a deformed tire would it do it all the time? Thanks for your help I will investigate a bit more.

Stonerhythms
Hi there,

Tyres are strange beasts, they can do odd things, I would definitely get that checked as if it has been mentioned that it has a problem already that is a great place to start.

Mhpautos