NO START PLEASE HELP

1986 Toyota Camry

1986 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 186214 miles

last week while driving down the highway my car suddenly stopped running, no hesitation or warning, just dead in the water.

since then I have tried to diagnose the problem to no avail. Replacing fuel pump, fuel filter distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires, have done a compression test, replaced timing belt, and engine is timed properly, all relays and fuses are good.

so far what i've been able to diagnose is that the engine has low compression, 75psi in cylinder 4 and 1, 2, 3 are pushing only 72 psi, prior to the car dying on me it had good compression. Also as a result of the poor compression, the fuel pump is not initiating as a result of a loss of air flow through the air intake.

please help, I am supposed to be moving in 2 weeks and must have my car to do so.
Wankeb

That is low compression. Are you certain the timing is correct? Also, you have an electric fuel pump, so it should be getting fuel. Will it start with starting fluid?

Am 100% certain that the timing is correct. Starting fluid did nothing which I am guessing is a direct result of the low compression. Other than timing, what could it possibly be that is causing the low compression/ no start?

Wankeb
There are only a few things that can cause low compression in all cylenders, head gasket, rings, valves. Have you tried a wet compression test?