, SMELLS LIKE IT IS BURNING OIL OR SOMETHING

1997 Toyota Avalon

1997 Toyota Avalon 73, 560 miles.
My gaskets were fixed but I still smell a burning smell when I drive the car. Mechanic at Toyota said it was could either be a valve job or gasket. I tried the gasket fix but car is still smelling like burning oil. Sometimes after traveing on the freeway at 75 to 80 mph, there is smoke coming out of the tailpipe. The smoke is white. This is driving me crazy, car is otherwise in good shape.
Thanks for any help, advice anybody can offer. Also, service technician said the valve job would cost around 1,100.00 to repair, does that sound right?
Avalon123

That sounds a little premature for a toyota to be having that kind of problem, but not totally unheard of. Always remember the dealer prices are higher than an independant repair shop. The good part is that you get factory Toyota parts

Jack42
White smoke would indicate coolant, which indicates a head gasket or intake gasket.

Overheating is usual cause.

I would get another opinion from another Toyota dealer.

If head gaskets have been changed, then possible head is cracked.

If so, you would better off replacing engine with used one.

And as Jack said, VERY unusual with a Toyota.

Mmprince4000