ABS AND BRAKE LIGHTS ON CONSTANTLY CAS

2003 Subaru Forester

Heater problem
2003 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 111000 miles

Starting this past summer, my ABS and Break lights would come on spontaneously while driving. I was typically using the AC at the time and it would go OFF INSTANTANEOUSLY when these lights would come on. This happened on and off for about 4-6 weeks and then disappeared for several months. NOW, for about the past 4 weeks, the ABS and Break lights have been on CONSTANTLY (I am now totally unable to get them to go off) and therefore the heat does not come on at all. When I press the " auto" button to turn on the heat/cool system I do hear a 'click' but nothing happens.
I am begging you for some insight. The dealer keeps raking me over the coals and I am tired of $400-$600 repairs every time I go there.I am broke!
THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR INSIGHT!
Colleensmall

If dealer is out need to find independent shop because you need scanner hooked up to car to determine failure. The HVAC system not operating is a mystery. Can find no connection or any info all I can guess fix ABS get heat back.
Let me know what codes are present and will advise.
Thanks for donate

Docfixit