SERPENTINE BELT

2000 Ford Taurus

How do I find the correct belt for my car? There are so many out there that would 'Fit' my car when I searched internet. Does number of ribs important? My car is 2000 Taurus SE gas sedan. Is there a fix measurement that I can use to compare various brand, type or size? What would the best in the market? Good Year, Dayco.
Mkteye

Goodyear, Dayco and Gates are the name brand ones. Just go to an auto parts and give them year of car and engine size they can give you the correct one. Also replace the tensioner as well.

I wanted to buy it on internet, which is less expensive. My car info already included in the question. Does number of ribs important?

Mkteye
You didn't put engine size or with a/c or without you need that to replace the belts/belt it should only be one rib size like 6 or 7. For each application theyare all the same size meaning engine/a/c or without a/c etc.

My car is 2000 Ford Taurus SE, gas engine size 3.0, which has AC and first 11 character in VIN number is 1FAFP54U4YAxxx.
So I should replace the whole tensioner or just the pulley? I am thinking about ArmorMark 858K6 Serpentine Belt or Goodyear 4060855 Gatorback Poly-V Belts, but not sure that would be the right one. I bought Goodyear 4060755 before but had to return.

Mkteye
When you replace the tendsioner the pulley normally comes on it. As long as you give correct engine size and vin which in your case is U the tensioner is what holds the belt tight so replace that. Stick with goodyear, dayco or Gates belts. Dont' buy any tensioner that is made in CHINA. I'm also sending blet routing so you can install it correctly. If you don't have the routing diagram

Thanks for quick reply and the routing diagram.
So. Is Goodyear 4060855 the correct belt for my car?
Sometime when it rain, I hear the constant screeching noise. So. Do I need to change the idle pulley? Or most likely the sound just came from bad (a bit torn) belt?

Mkteye
If you have a 2valve 3.0l v6 it will. I told you there are two vin u and vin s you have vin u check with a parts store. One is flex fuel the other isn't but belt fits both it says. Make sure to replace tensioner as well other wise you are wasting your money