STARTING PROBLEM

2001 Saturn SL1

2001 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Automatic 155000 miles

I have a 2001 Saturn SL1 Sohc 4

IT will not start unless you press the gas pedal all the way down and turn key over multiple times.
The first time it is started that day it will start on the first try but pedal still has to be pressed all the way down.
I have replaced both ignition coils, all 4 spark plugs, spark plug wires, water pump, air filter, serpentine belt, battery, all the fuses, the starter about a year ago( it always cranks good so I know it cant be the starter). My check engine light came on, had it checked at jiffy lube when I got an oil change about a week ago and the code said misfire cylinder 1, crankshaft position sensor. I replace the CPS and it still runs exactly the same. I have a leak either in the hoses or my radiator, so my car has gotten pretty hot, but I always keep antifreeze in it I check the level everyday before I leave and fill the coolant up if its low. My question is does anyone have any ideas on fixing my start up problem? Once it starts it runs real smooth and doesn't idle rough either so it just seems to be when I start the car up, also it smokes just after I do get it started then runs good. Gas mileage is terrible to.
Wjr781

Very common problem you need to replace the coolant temp sensor to fix the starting issue. Also inspect the connector going to it if it's corroded you will ahev to replace it as well. As far as your leak goes look right below where your upper radiator hose goes on see if the radiator tank is cracked and leaking that's a real common place to leak. Whats that other code numbers do you have beside the cyl 1 miss fire?There is no crank position code that I know of.

Thats the only code, and it is actually a camshaft position sensor, but there is no camshaft position sensor so from research online I found this info, going to AAP first thing in the morning to get a new coolant sensor. Will post back to let you know the status. Thank you so much for taking your time to respond.

Wjr781
I mean that's the only code that shows, and Ive had it checked at a few different places over the past couple months and its always been cylinder misfire on #1, bad camshaft position sensor.

Wjr781
I replaced the sensor and car is running great! Starts perfectly everytime, check engine light is gone, and idles much smoother! I pulled the PCM B fuse before and let it drain and it started smooth the second time. THANK YOU for the info thought I was gonna need major engine work but a 11 dollar sensor and 4 dollar 13 mm deep socket did the trick!

Wjr781
Glad to hear you got it fixed that's what we like to hear.