PROBLEM WITH A.C.

1999 Saturn SC2

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 30,000 miles

the ac just had freon added because the car had not been driven but a few mmiles a year so the freon leaked oout over a period of time so after the freon was added I turned the ac on and it blew the 10 amp fuse. After several fuses later the problem still was hapening, so I ran a new wire from the switch inside the car to the switch on top of the ac compressor it blew cool air for about 45 seconds, the fuse did not blow, but the ac compressor squeled a little bit and the freon leaked out of the seal between the ac clutch and the compressor itself. Can you give me any info to lead me in the right direction.I live in florida and it is unreal driving without air, and I do at least have a job but I don, t make enough money to take it to a professional to repair if it is going to cost alot of money can you please, please help me. Thanks Jim
Jamesvanmatre@yaho.com

Sounds like u need a new compressor with clutch thats why ur a/c fuse blew sounds like everything is locking up thats why ur belt was squeling and u blew the fuse. Get another compressor with clutch.U could even get a used one from pick apart to save money. Just make sure the center of the clutch spins freely on the used compressor if u go that route. Let me know if u have anymore questions.