SL2 - WON'T START

2002 Saturn Other

I have a 2002 Saturn SL2 that won't start. After a jump it is fine. I can drive it all over with no problems. I can turn it off and start it right back up with no problem. After it sits for hours (like over night) it won't start up. I have to have ti jumped again. What could be the problem?
Charlesgraco

Welcome to the forum. : )
Make sure your battery cables are clean and tight.
Check that your serpentine belt is in good condition. Make sure that it has proper tension and the tensioner is in good condition.
Have the battery charged and tested. Some large parts stores will do this free of charge.
Also check that there are no power drains, glove box light, trunk light, etc.

I'm bettin on the battery. Good luck and let us know. :

Peppermrj
Thank you very much. Actually I have AAA and I recently found out they have a battery and charging systems check. They did a battery and charging check and discovered the battery was not holding a charge properly. Got a new battery and it starts every time. Thanks so much for all your help.

Charlesgraco