THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR

2000 Saturn L300

2000 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

where is the throtle position sensor on my vehicle?
Tamara9977

Simlar to other Saturn TPS location

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_tps_17.jpg

My car has a DOHC. There isn't a throttle cable, in stead I have a sensor on the gas peddle and a motor on the throttle body.

While I am driving my car will suddenly stop responding to the gas peddle. The Rpm's will drop and I start costing. If I turn the engine off and restart it I can go for another mile or so and then the same thing happens. I am getting the following engine codes.

P1271 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor fault
P0101 - Mass air flow error - Auto Zone Ticket describes a possible TPS problem

P0403 - EGR - I know this went bad
P0405 - EGR - Same
P0341 - Camshaft position sensor out of range
P0107 - MAP Sensor error

I think I got some incorrect info about the TPS. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for the help

Tamara9977
Clean and test the EGR valve and recheck the TPS

Thank you for your response.

The bolts that hold the upper part of the EGR valve to the base broke a few months back. At that time I replaced it with an EGR valve from a salvage yard as I needed my car to get to school and no place in town had a new one.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try cleaning the salvage EGR good before I give in and pay $250 for a new one.

What is the best way to test the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor? I believe it's the small motor/cylinder looking device hooked to the accelerator pedal. Is that correct? Can I test it with a ohm meter?

Thank you again you have been most helpful

Tamara9977
At closed throttle position it should read 0.3 volts and wide open throttle at 4.6volts